Celta's record signing Emre Mor struggling to convince Unzué
The Turkey international watched from the bench as canterano Brais Méndez got the nod to fill in for Iago Aspas. "He has to learn that technical skill isn't enough."
There was great expectation when Celta Vigo forked out a club record fee of 14 million euros to bring Emre Mor to Galicia from Borussia Dortmund, but thus far the Turkey international has failed to set Baiaídos alight.
Mor has started just one Liga game for the club and has played only 384 minutes of football since arriving from the Bundesliga last summer.
Mor was on the bench again for the loss to Villarreal while youth team player Brais Méndez filled in for the suspended Iago Aspas, leading Celta coach Juan Carlos Unzué to explain the lack of playing time being handed to the club’s record signing.
Unzué: "Mentally, Emre has to change his chip"
“It was a game that I saw we were going to have to read the play, move between the lines and be very active when we didn’t have the ball. Emre has to understand that technical skill is not enough to earn him more playing time. There are no miracles or coincidences. He is a young lad and he didn’t play much last season [at Dortmund]. Mentally, he needs to change his chip. He has the qualities, but there is a collective idea here that he needs to start getting to grips with and to try and carry it out more effectively when he plays,” Unzué said of Mor’s adaptation to LaLiga and Celta’s style of play.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates