Guedes: Valencia deny reported deal with Paris Saint-Germain
Valencia have refuted a claim in L'Equipe that they have agreed a fee with Paris Saint-Germain to make Gonçalo Guedes' loan move to Mestalla permanent.
Valencia have dismissed a report in the French media that they have reached an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain for their winger Gonçalo Guedes, who is currently on loan at the LaLiga club.
L'Equipe claims that PSG have agreed to sell Guedes to Valencia for a fee in the region of 35 million euros, with the Ligue 1 giants keen to cash in on the Portuguese starlet as they prepare to take up their purchase option on Kylian Mbappé in the summer without falling fouling of Uefa's 'financial fair play' regulations.
Valencia interested in keeping Guedes, but no talks for now
A week ago, Valencia sporting director Mateo Alemany denied that there had been any negotiations with PSG over Guedes - despite owner Peter Lim being spotted at a game at the Parc des Princes recently - since the two clubs agreed the 21-year-old's loan move to Mestalla in August.
And official Valencia sources consulted by AS in the wake of the L'Equipe report have refuted that a 35m-euro deal is in place with PSG. There is interest in keeping Guedes on next term but, with Los Che's first-team planning affected by whether they qualify for the Champions League or not, talks are not anticipated for now.
Transfer news live online with AS English
You can follow all the latest transfer news ahead of the January window with our daily live feed.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan