Allardyce confirms interest in Tosun and 'many others'
Sam Allardyce says Cenk Tosun is not the only attacking target Everton are looking to bring in during the transfer window.
Everton manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed the club's interest in signing Cenk Tosun from Besiktas.
The Premier League outfit are reportedly set to pay £25million to bring the 26-year-old to Goodison Park, although Besiktas denied this week that any deal had been struck.
Everton have gone seven games unbeaten since Allardyce took charge, but have only scored 24 league goals this season, which is a lower total than any other team in the top 10 in the table apart from Burnley.
And the former England boss admits Tosun, who has scored eight goals in 12 Super Lig starts in 2017-18, is one of a number of targets to strengthen the attack.
"Him and many others," he said when asked if he is interested in the Turkey international.
"We need a front man, if we can find one. We will be actively looking for a front man in this window. I need more goals in the side than what we have at the moment.
"We have started to struggle to create chances and score goals in recent matches. It is still one of the major problems that we have."
Recommended in English
- BOXING WBC orders Tyson Fury to defend title against Dillian Whyte
- NFL How does Mac Jones' first year compare to Tom Brady's first year?
- NFL Washington's Fitzpatrick needs hip surgery, out rest of season
- NBA The NBA will restrict unvaccinated player travel
- NBA Who are the NBA's all-time leaders in triple-doubles?
- MLB Will Barry Bonds get into the MLB Hall of Fame? Why isn't he in already?