Ernesto Valverde is expected to make a statement regarding the players who could leave the club in the winter transfer window. Barça will be seeking an outlet for those who are out of favour with the coach and have until 31 January to offload players who are surplus to requirements. One of the players whose Barça days could be numbered is Gerard Deulofeu. The 23-year-old has been unable to seize the opportunity to make his mark in the team following Neymar's departure to PSG. Despite the fact that Valverde initially had faith in Deulofeu as an interesting option to give the team something different in attack, now the player hardly figures at all - his last appeance was in the Cup at the end of November. Inter Milan are interested in bringing him back to Serie A as La Gazzetta dello Sport reported yesterday while Aleix Vidal could also be Italy-bound as the next piece in Monchi's jigsaw puzzle at Roma.
Barcelona would only accept serious offers for Aleix Vidal
Barcelona would be open to letting Deulofeu leave - especially with Osumane Dembélé about the fully return to first team duties. Aleix Vidal's case is a bit different. After a spell where he found himself ostracized, the Vidal has now taken on board all of Valverde's ideas and has featured relgularly over the past month and a half, usually coming off the bench to fill in in midfield or at right-back. An adaptable, multi-purpose player, Vidal would only be sold if a generous offer came in for him
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?