Icardi avoiding new deal, waiting for Real Madrid - reports
The Argentinean striker currently has a 110 million euro buy-out clause, which wouldn't pose a problem for Madrid.
Mauro Icardi and Real Madrid have been the subject of intense speculation over the past few months. And now reports from the UK appear to suggest that the Argentinean striker is keen for those rumours to become reality, with the player said to be refusing to agree a new deal with Inter Milan as he waits for a possible move from Real Madrid.
Icardi's buy-out clause no big concern for Real Madrid
Inter Milan, already worried by the rising interest from Europe's big clubs and in particular Real Madrid, had already raised Icardi's buy-out clause to 110 million euros. But that's well within Real Madrid's economic range, and even more so if they sell either of the 'b's' from the bbC.
Icardi has been in renewal talks for some time with Inter Milan, with no deal being reached. Real Madrid sources for their part have coyly suggested that the rumours are fruit of the work of Icardi's agent and wife Wanda Nara, who is aiming to improve his bargaining position in the talks with Inter Milan over his renewal.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston