Guardiola fears up to two months out for Gabriel Jesus
The Manchester City boss believes the Brazilian striker could be out for up to two months with the injury he sustained against Crystal Palace.
Gabriel Jesus may miss up to two months after picking up an injury in Manchester City's 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace, Pep Guardiola has said.
The Brazil international went over awkwardly early on at Selhurst Park, overstretching as he inadvertently did the splits.
He had to be withdrawn shortly after for Sergio Agüero, with Jesus limping off the pitch in tears.
De Bruyne also off on costly afternoon for Guardiola
Kevin De Bruyne added to their injury worries late on when he was clattered by Jason Puncheon and taken off on a stretcher with his leg in a brace.
The Belgian was later seen hobbling without the brace and Guardiola believes De Bruyne has escaped a potentially serious injury, but he feels Jesus might be facing a couple of months out.
"Hopefully it will not be tough, maybe one month or two months out," Guardiola told BT Sport when asked of Jesus' injury.
"With Kevin we're lucky. I don't know what will happen with him, maybe in the coming days, but we're lucky."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA