Guardiola fears up to two months out for Gabriel Jesus
The Manchester City boss believes the Brazilian striker could be out for up to two months with the injury he sustained against Crystal Palace.
Gabriel Jesus may miss up to two months after picking up an injury in Manchester City's 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace, Pep Guardiola has said.
The Brazil international went over awkwardly early on at Selhurst Park, overstretching as he inadvertently did the splits.
He had to be withdrawn shortly after for Sergio Agüero, with Jesus limping off the pitch in tears.
De Bruyne also off on costly afternoon for Guardiola
Kevin De Bruyne added to their injury worries late on when he was clattered by Jason Puncheon and taken off on a stretcher with his leg in a brace.
The Belgian was later seen hobbling without the brace and Guardiola believes De Bruyne has escaped a potentially serious injury, but he feels Jesus might be facing a couple of months out.
"Hopefully it will not be tough, maybe one month or two months out," Guardiola told BT Sport when asked of Jesus' injury.
"With Kevin we're lucky. I don't know what will happen with him, maybe in the coming days, but we're lucky."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In