Sharper Forest dominated Arsenal – Wenger
Arsene Wenger bemoaned Arsenal's hectic schedule following the 4-2 FA Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger conceded his side were dominated by Championship side Nottingham Forest in their 4-2 FA Cup defeat on Sunday.
Forest dealt Wenger his first third-round elimination, with Eric Lichaj scoring twice before penalties from Ben Brereton and Kieran Dowell.
No comeback from Arsenal
Per Mertesacker had levelled matters at 1-1 and Danny Welbeck's 79th-minute effort to make it 3-2 failed to spark a comeback from the defending champions.
"I believe that overall we played against a Nottingham team who were very sharp, more dangerous than us and dominated us at the front," Wenger told BT Sport. "After that it became a difficult game.
"I think we were a bit unlucky as well but overall they were sharper than us, more incisive and more dominant in the challenges. We lost too many challenges to win a game like that."
1996 - Arsenal have lost an FA Cup third round tie for the first time ever under Arsene Wenger, last falling at this stage in 1996 vs Sheffield United. Dumped.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 7, 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?