Ronaldo's record against Celta spells danger at Balaídos
With an average of 1.7 goals per game against the side from Galicia, Real Madrid's Portuguese striker will look to get among the goals to get his domestic form back on track.
Back on track
Cristiano Ronaldo will face one of his favourite victims on Sunday evening as he looks to get his domestic form back on track. In 12 matches Celta Vigo, the Portuguese forward has found the net 20 times, scoring an average of 1.7 goals per game. Moreover, he has only failed to score twice - in the Copa del Rey defeat last season and in LaLiga in the 2014-15 campaign.
Unfortunately for the side from Galicia, they stand fourth in the sides to have shipped the highest number of goals at the hands of the Madrid marksman, only Sevilla (27), getafe (21) and Atlético Madrid (21) have fallen victim on more occasions. Ronaldo's finest hour against Celta was in the 2015-16 season at the Bernabéu when he bagged four in a 7-1 thrashing.
Balaídos will surely be sick of the sight of Ronaldo, particularly since he has only failed to score once in the six times he has played in Vigo, netting seven goals in the process. Last season, with Madrid going full tilt towards the title, Ronaldo scored the first two goals in a 4-1 win.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online