Segunda B side Cerceda trapped overnight on snow-bound road
The Galician team were making their way to Madrid to play Navalcarnero but were thwarted by the weather. Four games have been postponed due to snow.
CCD Cerceda of Segunda División B were beaten by the weather as they made their way to Madrid to play Navalcarnero on Sunday, spending the night marooned on the A6 motorway as parts of Spain were hit by huge snowfalls and icy conditions.
Cerceda players and staff set off from Galicia on Saturday for the Sunday fixture against the southern Madrid side but made it only as far as the north-south A6 before becoming trapped in heavy snowfall along with hundreds of other motorists making journeys on the festive bank holiday weekend. The team bus was halted at around 21:00 on Saturday and remained there at Sunday lunchtime.
The game was called off along with three other Segunda B fixtures affected by the weather.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash