Wolfsburg snap up Renato Steffen from Basel
Wolfsburg have entered the transfer market for the first time this year to bring in the 26-year-old Switzerland international winger.
Renato Steffen has joined Wolfsburg on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Basel, the two clubs have confirmed.
The 26-year-old had impressed for the Swiss side in the Champions League this season, with his direct running and wing play making him a threat.
And Wolfsburg have taken notice, moving to bring the Switzerland international to the Volkswagen Arena until 2021, for a reported fee of €1.75million.
Steffen had been in Switzerland for his entire professional career prior to the transfer, having previously turned out for Schoftland, Solothurn, Thun and Young Boys.
Our Wolves have secured the services of Renato #Steffen from @FCBasel1893! The 26-year-old has signed on with VfL until 2021 and will wear the number 8 jersey. We're looking forward to having you here, Renato!#vflwolfsburg pic.twitter.com/6etf5f7gpr— VfL Wolfsburg EN (@VfLWolfsburg_EN) January 10, 2018
Wolfsburg will hope the winger can help inspire an improvement in their fortunes, with Martin Schmidt's men 12th in the Bundesliga ahead of the resumption from Germany's mid-season break.
Steffen is in line to make his debut against Borussia Dortmund on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid