Flamengo fans leave Vinicius Jr out of their preferred XI
The 17-year-old, who will join Real Madrid in the summer of 2019, did not receive enough votes to make the team in survey run by GloboEsporte.
Vinicius Junior is not convincing his own fans of his worth to Flamengo and was left out of an ideal XI published in GloboEsporte following a fan vote to elect the side supporters of Paulo César Carpegiani’s team believe should be starting in the Brasileiro.
Vinicius, who became the most expensive player of his age in history when he signed for Real Madrid and who could arrive at the Bernabéu in the summer after the initial deal stated he would join in 2019, received 24,534 votes in the survey, an insufficient number to make the XI. Flamengo’s attacking three, Vizeu, Everton and Everton Riberito, all garnered more than 30,000 votes and the highest-ranked player was former Atlético Madrid midfielder Diego, with 44,002.
Vinicius not keen on nearly Bernabéu move
Vinicius made his debut in the Brasileiro last season at 16 years of age and played 705 minutes across 25 appearances, starting only four times. Flamengo’s season kicks off with a Campeonato Carioca fixture against Volta Redonda on January 17. Vinicius has also stated that he was wishes to remain with the Brazilian side in 2018 and to move to the Bernabéu in 2019 as per the original terms of his deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?