Cédric Bakambu: "I'm still a Villarreal player..."
The DR Congo striker made the surprising admission in an interview in France. The agreement between Beijing Guoan and the Submarine is still not rubber-stamped.
Cédric Bakambu made a surprising admission during an interview on Sunday when he revealed that his 40-million-euro move from Villarreal to Beijing Guoan - rising to 74 million when taxes are taken into account has not yet been formalized despite the deal being struck two weeks ago between the Chinese Super League club and the Yellow Submarine.
Bakambu: "I am between two clubs"
Cedric Bakambu’s imminent £65.5m move to Beijing Guoan will make him the most expensive African player of all time 💯 pic.twitter.com/60ZLyWoplR— B/R Football (@brfootball) 11 January 2018
“At the moment I am between two clubs,” Bakambu told Canal Football Club on French television. “As I speak, I am still a Villarreal player. I am waiting for both sides to reach an agreement.”
The transfer was thought to have been rubber-stamped almost as soon as the January market opened, with Bakambu himself giving an interview with AS in which he discussed the “life-changing” move. However, there appears to be a stumbling block and the striker remains in limbo.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement