Athletic agree deal for Viitorul left back Cristian Ganea
The Romania international, who grew up in Bizkaia, will join the Liga club in June on a three-year deal for a fee of 600,000 euros.
Athletic Club have agreed a deal to sign Romania international full back Cristian Ganea from Viitorul Constanta, with the 25-year-old to arrive at San Mamés in the summer on a three-year-deal with an option for a further season for a fee in the region of 600,000 euros.
Although Athletic operate a strict policy of only signing players of Basque origin, Ganea spent his formative years in the region, playing youth football for Indartsu before joining Mallorca’s academy and his parents own a bar in Basauri.
Ganea, Capa and García all to arrive in the summer
Ganea spoke of his desire to play for Athletic recently while with Gheorghe Hagi’s side on a training camp in Turkey during the winter break. “They have expressed their interest in me, so I can go and play there. I am in talks with them but so far that’s all it is, nothing has been agreed.”
The deal to bring Ganea to San Mamés is the third of the winter window for Athletic, who have agreed a similar arrangement with Eibar for former youth team player Ander Capa, who will stay at Ipurua until the end of the season, and midfielder Dani García who will also join at the end of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother