Benzema in line for return in Copa clash against Leganés
The Real Madrid striker took part in full training for a second consecutive day on Tuesday but captain Sergio Ramos is still working alone.
Karim Benzema, who has not featured for Real Madrid since the Clásico defeat on December 23, is nearing a competitive return after taking part in full training on Tuesday and could be named in the squad to play Leganés in the Copa del Rey first-leg match at Butarque on Thursday.
The Frenchman picked up a hamstring injury in the 3-0 loss to Barcelona before Christmas and has not played since but was out on the Valdebebas training pitches with his teammates ahead of the Copa game.
Sergio Ramos ruled out against Leganés
Zinedine Zidane also included Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero in Tuesday’s session along with youth team keeper Moha, who has been included in several senior squads this season.
Sergio Ramos will not feature against Leganés as he continues his recovery from a calf problem and worked alone with Real’s fitness coaches.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth