Sánchez boards plane ahead of reported Man United medical
The Red Devil's pursuit of Alexis Sanchez should soon come to a close after the Arsenal man appeared to be bound for the city.
Alexis Sánchez's expected move to Manchester United appears to be imminent after the Chilean took to social media to show himself boarding a plane ahead of a reported medical.
Sanchez's future has long been a hot topic in the Premier League, with Manchester City nearly snatching him from Arsenal for a figure thought to be €70m in August. But Arsenal pulled out at the last minute, reportedly due to their inability to secure a replacement at such short notice, forcing Sánchez – who had entered the final year of his contract – to stay put.
City or United?
Speculation about City's interest remained and a reunion with Pep Guardiola appeared a formality at the start of January, only for United to come in and provide a better offer for both Arsenal and the player, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan expected to go the other way in a swap deal.
Both José Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have acknowledged that a move is close and, although neither club has announced an agreement, Sánchez fuelled rumours of a scheduled medical on Sunday by taking to his official Instagram account and posting a video of himself boarding a private jet.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich