Augusto Fernández will move to Beijing Renhe
Atlético Madrid have given permission for the move provided an agreement on economics is closed and the Argentine passes his medical.
Augusto Fernández' stint in Spain is close to its end as he will move to Beijing Renhe, managed by Luis García Plaza, as reported by el Confidencial. The Argentine midfielder is not counting on minutes at Atlético Madrid and hasn't had continuity since he tore his cruciate knee ligament in October of 2016. As can report that the club will open the doors for the midfielder to leave "if an economic agreement is reached for the transfer and the player passes the medical."
He has played just 523 minutes this season, distributed across four games in the Copa del Rey, five in LaLiga with just one as a starter, and one in the Champions League. The salary offered will be more than double what he makes at Atlético and he will sign a deal for two years with the World Cup in Russia in the back of his mind. The Chinese Super League starts in March and he will have had three months of competition before the start of the tournament.
Atlético will receive a substantial amount of cash for a player who Simeone does not need given their exit from the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series