Mourinho unsurprised by Alexis' inspired debut for United
Alexis Sanchez made his Manchester United debut in Friday's 0-4 FA Cup win at Yeovil, and impressed manager Jose Mourinho.
Manchester United manager José Mourinho was impressed by Alexis Sánchez's debut for the club, but said it came as no surprise. Alexis made his first appearance for United since joining from Arsenal earlier this month, helping his side to a 4-0 thrashing of Yeovil Town in Friday's FA Cup Fourth Round tie. The Chile international set up Ander Herrera for United's second goal before coming off in the 72nd minute.
Mou delighted with debutant Alexis
Mourinho praised the 29-year-old, who headed to Old Trafford after three and a half seasons at Arsenal. "I'm very happy. No surprise for anyone, three and a half years in the Premier League playing every week and everyone knows what Alexis is," he said. "He's the kind of player that you buy and you don't put a question mark in front, you don't think about adaptation or something like that in relation to English football. So no surprise for us, fantastic player, he showed that for three years, he showed that for the past three days he was training with us. He's an amazing addition for us. He needed to play. I was not sure about 90 minutes, I wanted to go for 60, 75 and was good. People start understanding his game better and he can also understand better the way his fellow players play too."
Next up for United, Spurs
Alexis' next chance to impress could come in a far tougher clash, with United visiting Tottenham in the Premier League on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement