Real Madrid and PSG eyeing Benfica youngster Jair Tavares
The Portugal youth international, 16, is a cousin of Renato Sanches and has been catching the eye of scouts at the Al Kass tournament in Qatar.
Several European clubs have dispatched scouts to Qatar to run the rule over promising youngsters competing at the Al Kass International Cup, where under-17 sides from Real Madrid, AC Milan, PSG, Tottenham and Benfica are in action.
The Portuguese side have one player in their ranks who is attracting particular attention, 16-year-old winger Jair Tavares, who is a cousin of Bayern Munich and Portugal midfielder Renato Sanches. Benfica sold Sanches to Bayern after he shone at Euro 2016 for 35 million euros, with the Bundesliga giants subsequently loaning him out to Premier League side Swansea.
Real and PSG keen on Tavares
According to Portuguese daily O Jogo, Real Madrid and PSG are considering a move for Tavares, with the Parisian club reported to have already sounded out his representatives.
A Portugal youth international, Tavares is tipped for great things and Juventus attempted to steal a march on their European rivals last summer with an offer for the player, obliging Benfica to hand him a professional contract until 2020 with a minimum release clause of 30 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?