Diego Simeone's son Gianluca joins Frosinone from River Plate
The Atlético boss' youngest has signed an 18-month loan deal with the Serie B side and will join his brother Giovanni, also a striker, in the Italian league.
Gianluca Simeone, the youngest son of Atlético Madrid manager Diego, has joined Serie B leaders Frosinone on an 18-month loan deal from River Plate, it was reported on Tuesday.
Simeone, 18, is expected to travel to Italy in the next few days to complete the deal.
Simeone dynasty in Italy
A striker like his brother Giovanni, who plays for Fiorentina, suffered a fractured foot in a game against Deportivo Morón last August and was out of action for two months, losing his place in River’s reserve side. The Argentinean club view a loan to gain experience as the best move for the player and should Frosinone earn promotion the Simeone brothers could meet in Serie A next season, a game El Cholo will be loath to miss.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's the debt ceiling? Why is the debt ceiling important?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ten Hag denies interest as Henry enters frame
- Soccer Khalida Popal on the impact of the Taliban takeover on women’s football in Afghanistan
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's Benzema: "This club is my whole life"
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Herbert should electrify against Chiefs
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS Social Security Benefit: how to know if you are eligible for the maximum payment?