F1 to stop using grid girls
Formula One will stop using grid girls with immediate effect, arguing the custom is "clearly at odds with modern-day societal norms".
Grid girls will no longer be used prior to Formula One races, the sport's organisers have confirmed.
F1 follows darts lead on walk-on girls
The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) announced last week that they would no longer use walk-on girls, following discussions with broadcasters.
F1 will now follow suit, having stated the custom is "clearly at odds with modern-day societal norms".
F1 to stop using grid girls— Formula 1 (@F1) January 31, 2018
"Custom does not resonate with our brand values" https://t.co/zKqSwM8EUU
A statement on F1's official website read: "Formula 1 will end the long-standing practice of using walk-on grid girls, commencing with the start of the 2018 FIA Formula 1 World Championship season. These changes also apply to our other motorsports series that take place during the grands prix weekends.
"Formula 1 considers the time spent by teams and drivers on the grid before a race as one of celebration, where guests and various performers can add to the glamour and spectacle of the Grand Prix, enabling promoters and partners to showcase their countries and products."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22