Gust walk away Rehne: Augusto leaves Atlético for CSL
The Argentinean midfielder has passed a medical at Beijing Rehne where he will join up with former Levante and Getafe coach Luis García.
Augusto Fernández has completed his move from Atlético Madrid to Beijing Rehne after completing a medical with the Chinese Super League club paying 4.5 million euros for his services.
Augusto eyeing World Cup
The Argentinean midfielder had found playing time difficult to come by at the Metropolitano this season and had featured for just 522 minutes in all competitions. Diego Simeone opened the door for Augusto to leave and at 31, the midfielder wanted the chance to try and work his way into the plans of Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli ahead of the World Cup in Russia.
Augusto joined Atlético for six million euros in 2016 after impressing consistently at Celta but suffered a serious knee injury shortly after joining and missed the whole of the 2016-17 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?