Real Sociedad bring in Héctor Moreno to replace Iñigo Martinez
The Basque side worked flat out on Deadline Day to secure Mexico international Héctor Moreno who joins from Roma on a six million euro fee.
Héctor Moreno was unveiled by Real Sociedad at Anoeta this evening after completing a €6million switch from Roma. The Mexico international had only joined the Serie A side from PSV in July, but he has struggled to make an impact on their first team. Héctor has played just six times for Roma, five games in Serie A and one in the Coppa Italia. He joins La Real as a direct replacement for Iñigo Martínez, who made the shock move to bitter rivals Athletic Club following the sale of Aymeric Laporte to Manchester City.
Carlos Vela spoke highly of Real Sociedad, says newboy Héctor Moreno
The 30-year-old defender makes his return to Spain after leaving Espanyol for PSV in August 2015 and has signed a contract until 2021. He told reporters during his presentation: "I wasn't thinking about leaving Roma, but when I received a phonecall from La Real, that changed everything. I've left one great club to come to another great club. I have heard so many wonderful things about this club - Carlos Vela spoke wonders about the club and the city and I want to achieve great things here".
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In