Real Madrid hand youth team pearl Fran García a new deal
Under-19s left-back Fran García extends his contract until June 2022. He's one of the big promises in Madrid's youth academy and an international at youth level.
Real Madrid youth team defender Fran García has extended his contract with the club until June 2022. The Under-19s left-back is one of the most promising talents and has been an undisputed first choice inclusion in Guti's side this season and last, and is also a regular youth international with Spain - he was in the Under-17 side which ended as runners-up after losing the shoot-out to Portugal in the European Championships in 2016 and now is a mainstay in Luis de la Fuente's Under-19s side.
Close to return after a shoulder injury
Fran is currently out recovering from a shoulder injury but is expected to be back with the squad soon and at full fitness within the next few weeks. He's one of the great white hopes at La Fábrica which is why Madrid have decided to offer him the chance to commit to the club long-term with an improved contract. It's a strategy which both Madrid and Barcelona are now employing with their promising youth team stars. Barça saw how Borussia Dortmund snatched Sergio Gómez by paying his three million euro buy-out fee this week and also watched in horror when Éric García upped and left for Manchester City last summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August