Five-star Eibar thrash much-changed Sevilla
Sevilla paid the price for looking ahead to their Copa del Rey clash with Leganés, as they were trounced 5-1 at Eibar in LaLiga.
Vincenzo Montella's rotating backfired spectacularly as Sevilla suffered an embarrassing 5-1 defeat at Eibar in LaLiga on Saturday.
Rotations go awry
The fixture was sandwiched between Sevilla's Copa del Rey semi-final clashes with Leganés, with Montella deciding to rest several key players such as Ever Banega and Luis Muriel, while Sandro Ramirez, Roque Mesa and Miguel Layun all made their debuts.
There was also a return at centre-back for captain Nico Pareja after more than four months out with a thigh injury, but his rustiness was laid bare within 37 seconds, as the Argentinian failed to close Kike Garcia down and the winger rifled a ferocious effort past Sergio Rico.
7 - No la Liga defender provide more assists than Jose Angel this term. Tray. pic.twitter.com/23XE2ULUjS— OptaJose (@OptaJose) February 3, 2018
Fabian Orellana doubled Eibar's tally in the 16th minute, firing home at the back post after Jose Angel picked out the winger with an exquisite outside-of-the-foot cross.
Sevilla pulled one back through a Pablo Sarabia penalty, but that was one of few positive moments for the hapless visitors, who conceded again just after the half-hour mark - Ivan Ramis powering home a header from another sumptuous Jose Angel delivery, taking him to seven assists for the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?