Real Madrid captain Ramos sets LaLiga record
After heading home the opening goal at Levante, Sergio Ramos became the first defender to score in 14 straight LaLiga seasons.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has become the first defender in the history of LaLiga to score in 14 consecutive seasons.
Silver lining to Ramos' dark night in Valencia
The defender, a regular threat from set-pieces throughout his career, set the benchmark in Madrid's game at Levante on Saturday. Returning from a calf injury, Ramos rose highest to head home a Toni Kroos right-wing corner after 11 minutes at Ciutat de Valencia.
In addition, Ramos' goal was his 50th for Madrid in LaLiga, as Zinedine Zidane's men sought a third straight league win.
14 - Sergio Ramos is the only defender to ever score in 14 La Liga seasons in a row. Leader pic.twitter.com/gVf3mv7ooi— OptaJose (@OptaJose) February 3, 2018
Fernando Hierro, who played for Real Madrid from 1989 to 2003, scored in 15 consecutive LaLiga seasons but did not always play as a defender.
Barcelona icon Lionel Messi is the only other player to have scored in 14 straight LaLiga campaigns, while veteran Athletic Bilbao striker Aritz Aduriz is hunting Ramos and the Argentina international down - he has hit the net for 13 seasons in a row.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother