LEVANTE 2 - 2 REAL MADRID
Cristiano Ronaldo tells cameraman to focus on game
The Portugal forward was substituted late in the second half against Levante and made it clear that the camera should be pointed at the pitch, not at him.
Isco, a second half substitute, had just put Real Madrid 1-2 ahead in what was a tough game for the reigning Liga champions at Levante. Seconds after, Cristiano Ronaldo was substituted off for Marco Asensio in what is believed to have been a change planned before the goal. Los Blancos had around 10 minutes to hold onto their lead with the Portuguese star having endured a frustrating night.
"Focus on the game" - Cristiano
Once seated on the bench, he quickly noticed one of the television camera operators had turned attention to the number seven and he didn't appear pleased. Rather than ignore it though, which happens to most high-profile players in most games, the Madrid star gave some clear instructions, "Don't film me, focus on the game!".
And things got worse for Cristiano and all those connected with Real Madrid as a late strike from Levante debutant Pazzini levelled the game and ensured more questions would be asked about a perceived 'crisis' in the capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star