Salah quicker than Torres, Owen and Suarez to Liverpool landmark
Fernando Torres, Michael Owen and Luis Suarez all needed more matches than Mohamed Salah to score 20 Premier League goals for Liverpool.
Mohamed Salah put Liverpool ahead after just three minutes at home to Tottenham on Sunday to continue his blistering form this season and reach a personal milestone in record time.
Super Salah's sensational season
The Egypt international, signed from Roma in June for a fee which could rise to £43.9million, seized on a defensive error to slot past Hugo Lloris and notch his 20th Premier League goals for the Reds in just 25 league appearances.
25 - Mohamed Salah has netted 20 goals in just 25 games in the Premier League; the fewest appearances of any Liverpool player to reach 20 goals in the competition. Lightning. pic.twitter.com/zwMvDfhrdA— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 4, 2018
The 25-year-old has reached that figure faster than a host of Liverpool greats, with Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge, who both needed 27 games to score 20 league goals, joint second behind the former Basel attacker.
Salah's exploits have come as something of a surprise after he struggled to make an impact during his first stint in England's top flight with Chelsea.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash