West Ham have rubbished a report stating manager David Moyes is likely to leave the club at the end of the season regardless of whether or not they avoid relegation.
Moyes' West Ham deal unlikely to be extended, says report
The former Manchester United boss took over on a six-month deal after Slaven Bilic was sacked in November and has overseen a mixed bag of results.
Moyes took four points from back-to-back home games against Chelsea and Arsenal in December, but a run of one win in five Premier League matches has left them just three points above the bottom three.
The Club has responded to a recent report regarding our manager. https://t.co/61L0b2gF1l— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) 6 February 2018
A report in The Daily Telegraph claimed the Hammers are unlikely to extend Moyes' deal even if he guides them to safety, but the club insist no such decision has yet been made.
Club "categorically refutes" Telegraph report
"The club would like to place on record that it categorically refutes the claims made by The Daily Telegraph regarding manager David Moyes," they said in a statement on Tuesday.
"There is absolutely no truth whatsoever to this story. As previously stated on a number of occasions, the club and David Moyes agreed a deal until the end of the 2017-18 season, at which point both parties will sit down and discuss the future.