Zidane calls up Álvaro Tejero and Darío Ramos for Real Madrid
The Castilla defender and youth team goalkeeper were taking their instructions from Zinedine Zidane as the squad prepared for Saturday's Liga game against Real Sociedad.
Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero and the Juvenil A youth team goalkeeper, Darío Ramos, were working out with the Real Madrid first team squad ahead of the Liga match against Real Sociedad in the Santiago Bernabéu.
Vallejo and Ceballos still out
Manager Zinedine Zidane was able to count on his full complement of players with the exception of Jesús Vallejo and Dani Ceballos, who both continue to recover from their respective injuries. The centre midfielder did some ball work on the park alone suggesting that he is not too far away from returning to the fold.
The training was primarily focused on working with the ball for the group as Zidane looks to get more fluidity to the side that has been struggling to find a clear rhythm. Possession, control, pressure and competing in reduced spaces were key elements.
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich
- NFL Buccaneers' Tom Brady picked up first career unsportsmanlike conduct penalty vs Rams