Champions League | Porto - Liverpool
Klopp: Firmino getting more credit after Coutinho exit
Roberto Firmino is simply getting more credit at Liverpool after Philippe Coutinho left, manager Jurgen Klopp said.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes forward Roberto Firmino is being appreciated more since the departure of Philippe Coutinho.
Stepping out of the Coutinho shadow
Firmino, 26, has enjoyed a fine campaign, scoring 20 goals in all competitions this season.
Klopp feels Coutinho's move to Barcelona in January has allowed Firmino – who has netted seven times in eight Champions League games – to take more of the limelight.
"When I came in I said immediately that I was happy Roberto was here," the German said ahead of his side's last-16 tie against Porto.
"I don't think he has stepped up recently but maybe it is more obvious because his situations are not overshadowed by Phil Coutinho's situations. That's how it is.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In