Fabregas still wary of timeless Andres Iniesta
Iniesta's qualities make him a formidable player regardless of his age, according to Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas says the danger posed by Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta has not diminished with age.
Fabregas will face his former team-mate and compatriot when the Catalans visit Stamford Bridge for the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday.
Iniesta, 33, has been used with caution by head coach Ernesto Valverde, having only completed 90 minutes twice this season in all competitions.
The Spain star was substituted in the second half of Saturday's 0-2 LaLiga win at Eibar and is almost certain to start against Chelsea, with January signing Philippe Coutinho ineligible.
Tres puntos muy valiosos delante de un equipo que lo puso muy difícil. Grande Equipo!!! pic.twitter.com/9VEfSo3pS4— Andrés Iniesta (@andresiniesta8) February 17, 2018
And Fabregas has no doubt Iniesta remains a fine player, especially as he has rarely had to rely on physical qualities in his career.
"He's still good; for this type of player, age doesn't really matter," said Fabregas.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?