Neymar's father confirms the striker will undergo surgery
The Barcelona striker's father spoke to ESPN Brazil to confirm his son would be out for six to eight weeks.
Neymar will not play against Real Madrid in the Champions League return leg in Paris on 6 March. As revealed by this newspaper on Tuesday morning, the footballer has decided to undergo surgery for the fissure fracture to the fifth metatarsal on his right foot, an injury he picked up against Marseille in the French Cup on Sunday.
Neymar's father confirms player out for up to eight weeks
Later in the day, Neymar's father confirmed the decision to ESPN Brasil: "PSG already know Neymar will be out for the next six to eight weeks. The main thing is to get it done quickly because we can't wait. Surgery is the fastest way of accelerating the player's recovery".
Emery had been hopeful
PSG coach Unai Emery had previously denied the reports that the player had taken the decision to undergo surgery and even suggested there was still a small hope he might play against Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"