Marco Reus: Borussia Dortmund step up contract talks
Borussia Dortmund plan to accelerate talks with Marco Reus in a bid to tie him down to a new contract at Signal Iduna Park.
Borussia Dortmund plan to step up talks with Marco Reus over a new contract, according to sporting director Michael Zorc.
Reus out of contract in 2019
The Germany international has 18 months remaining on his deal at Signal Iduna Park and has yet to agree to an extension. Reus only returned from a cruciate ligament injury in February and has scored twice in his last two Bundesliga appearances, against Borussia Monchengladbach and Augsburg.
Zorc says the 28-year-old did not want to discuss new terms while he recovered but now expects negotiations to pick up pace.
"We totally understood that Marco did not want to enter contract talks during his injury," he told Sport Bild. "And, of course, we will now intensify the talks."
Dortmund officials have already held talks
Reus, who moved to Dortmund from Gladbach in 2012, has been linked with a possible move to Liverpool.
However, it is reported in Germany that the player's representatives have already held preliminary talks with Dortmund officials over a new contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys