Téléfoot: Mbappé in fitness race ahead of Real Madrid game
According to a journalist close to the France forward's family, Mbappé will test out his ankle on Sunday and Monday but remains a doubt for the fixture.
With Neymar already ruled out of the return leg against Real Madrid on Tuesday, PSG now face an anxious 48 hours waiting to see if Kylian Mbappé will recover from an ankle problem in time to face the reigning European champions.
The France international picked up the injury in the match against Toulouse and although he was back on the pitch for the victory over Marseille last weekend, he felt the problem flare up again and was substituted, subsequently missing Saturday’s match against Troyes.
"PSG are optimistic"
According to a journalist for French outlet Téléfoot who is close to the player’s family, Mbappé will take to the training pitches on Sunday and Monday to test out the condition of his ankle. “His participation against Real Madrid is not assured, but PSG are optimistic,” Julian Maynard told the broadcaster.
Ángel di María’s recent form has given Unai Emery other reasons for cheer ahead of the game, but the loss of Mbappé in addition to that of Neymar would still be a considerable blow.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher