Raúl García: "Aduriz and I are fired up on the pitch, timid off it"
The Athletic Club midfielder's revelation may come as a surprise to those who have witnessed his fiery nature on the turf.
The relationship between Aritz Aduriz and Raúl García - the two fundamental pillars of Athletic Club's forward line - is robust. They understand each other as well off the pitch as on it.
Raúl García: 'we like to go unnoticed'
"[We're] Similar, on and off the pitch," was García's assessment in an interview with the club's website, "on the pitch we're really fired up, but off it we're timid people who like to go unnoticed.
"When I played against him [Aduriz] I didn't want to see him ahead of me because he always competes and wants to win, but when you have him close it's good to have him in your team."
Aduriz the soul of Athletic
The former Atlético Madrid midfielder divulged that Aduriz "has been the soul of the club for a long time."
Regarding the coach, José Ángel Ziganda, whom García knew from his formative years at Osasuna, he said: "Above all he taught me about personal training. There are moments and ages when it's not just about football, but values and life too. In that sense Cuco has always helped me, both on the footballing side and the personal."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it