Barcelona complete Arthur deal for 30 million euros
Several media sources in Brazil have announced the transfer has gone though but the news could not be verified by Barcelona when consulted by AS.
It has been a long, drawn-out process but it seems that Arthur has finally completed his transfer to Barcelona. Brazilian side Grêmio will receive a 30 million euro fee, plus a further 10 million in add-ons in a deal which will see the midfielder join the blaugranas in a five-year deal.
Barcelona have not denied Arthur deal is done
Numerous media sources in Brazil have announced the pact, which has not been refuted by Barcelona when consulted by AS. Unless there are no changes to the arrangement, the midfielder will not arrive at Camp Nou until January 2019, although it remains to be seen whether Barça have included a clause in the contract which would entitle them to compensation if anything happens to stop the move from going ahead during the next nine months.
Barcelona are expected to issue an official statement to announce the agreement at some point over the next few days. Arthur won't be the first Grêmio de Porto Alegre player to join Barça - Ronaldinho Gaúcho, one of Barcelona's legendary figures, came up through the youth ranks at the club.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash