Iniesta and Messi back in Barcelona squad
Barcelona have been boosted by the return of Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi for their Champions League clash with Chelsea.
Andres Iniesta has been included in Barcelona's squad to face Chelsea in the Champions League, with star man Lionel Messi also recalled.
World Cup winner Iniesta had been struggling to recover from a hamstring injury in time to face the Blues in the last-16 second leg, with coach Ernesto Valverde conceding playing the veteran midfielder would be a risk.
But he has decided to include Iniesta in the group for Wednesday's match, where the 33-year-old could feature for the first time since suffering his ailment against Atletico Madrid in LaLiga on March 4.
Messi was also missing for the weekend win over Malaga as his wife gave birth to their third child Ciro, but he was expected back and also returns.
The pair combined for Messi to score an equaliser at Stamford Bridge in the first leg as Barca held Chelsea to a 1-1 draw.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In