24-year-old Ghanaian Chelsea fan dies after Barcelona defeat
Emmanuel Offin collapsed and died while on his way home after watching Wednesday's Champions League meeting between Barcelona and Chelsea.
Emmanuel Offin, a 24-year-old Ghanaian Chelsea fan, lost his life when he collapsed after Chelsea’s 3-0 defeat to Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 return leg fixture.
"A staunch Chelsea supporter"
According to reports, Offin, described by his family as "a staunch Chelsea supporter", fainted and died in Asuoyeboah, a suburb of Kumasi, on the way to his house just minutes after the final whistle. The wife of the deceased identified as Linda, confirmed the news to Ghanian radio station OTec FM.
According to Emmanuel’s brother, who also spoke to Otec FM, the death of his sibling has come as a big blow to his family. The body of Offin has been deposited at the Konfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Morgue for autopsy.
Following a 1-1 draw in the first leg, Chelsea fell behind at Camp Nou after just 128 seconds as Lionel Messi scored his first goal of the night. A goal from Dembélé and another one from Messi handed Barcelona a 4-1 aggregate victory over the Londoners.
According to a report by Kumasi-based radio Otec FM, a 24-year-old Chelsea fan Emmanuel Offin of Asuoyeboah (a suburb of Kumasi), collapsed and died during the Blues' defeat to Barcelona on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/Kck21PZQQv— Saddick Adams (@SaddickAdams) 15 March 2018
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash