Chiellini: Juventus defender cleared of serious injury
With two weeks to go until they play Real Madrid in the Champions League, Juve have delivered a positive update on the fitness of Giorgio Chiellini.
Giorgio Chiellini is expected to be fit following the international break after Juventus confirmed the defender's thigh injury was only a minor concern.
The Bianconeri issued a statement on Tuesday downplaying the problem Chiellini sustained in Saturday's 0-0 draw with SPAL.
Chiellini problem just a niggle, say Juventus
A "niggling injury" to the flexor muscles of the 33-year-old's right thigh has been revealed as the reason for his withdrawal from the Italy squad.
While he will miss the international matches against Argentina and England, Chiellini could be in the frame for his club's home game against AC Milan on 31 March.
Vecchia Signora face Real Madrid in two weeks' time
Juve then host Real Madrid in the first leg of the sides' Champions League quarter-final three days later.
"The tests revealed that Chiellini's injury, while not serious, will require daily monitoring," Juventus said in a statement.
"The defender has started undergoing physiotherapy and his condition will be re-evaluated next week."
Juve are currently two points clear in Serie A following Napoli's important 1-0 win over Genoa.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59