Stam leaves Reading after wretched run
Former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam has left his job as Reading manager, with the club battling against relegation to League One.
Reading have announced the departure of manager Jaap Stam after a wretched run of results in the Championship.
The former Manchester United and Netherlands defender took the Royals to the play-off final last season but poor results in 2017-18 have seen them slip to 20th in the table, three points above the relegation zone.
After a run of just one win in 18 league games, Reading say a change of manager is necessary to help steer them clear of the drop.
Reading release statement on fired Jaap Stam
"Reading Football Club announce that Jaap Stam has left his position as manager of the club with immediate effect," a club statement confirmed.
"Majority shareholders, Mr Yongge Dai and Ms Xiu Li Dai, had wanted to give Jaap every opportunity to turn around what has been a difficult and challenging Championship campaign.
"Jaap has not wavered in the time, effort and sheer determination he has put in to try to steer the team away from the position we find ourselves in. However, after careful consideration, the decision has been made that a change is now necessary.
"We would like to thank Jaap for his hard work and commitment to the club, in particular noting what he achieved in a memorable first season in club management, and we wish him the very best of luck in his future endeavours.
31 - Reading have 36 points from 38 Championship games this season, 31 fewer than they had at this stage last season (67). Stamped. pic.twitter.com/mi3XoxYNyr— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) March 21, 2018
"We will now focus on identifying and recruiting the right person to take Reading Football Club forward."
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots