Mascherano matches Zanetti's Argentina caps record
Javier Zanetti's record of 142 caps for Argentina has been matched by versatile midfielder Javier Mascherano.
Javier Mascherano has drawn level with Javier Zanetti as the most-capped player for Argentina.
The 33-year-old won his 142nd cap in Tuesday's international friendly against Spain at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano stadium.
Mascherano, who joined Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune from Barcelona in January, made his official Argentina debut in 2004.
He is now set to break Zanetti's record in the build-up to the World Cup, where Argentina have been drawn against Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria in the group stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth