Las Palmas-Real Madrid: Zidane plots squad rotation
Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, Toni Kroos, and Marcelo all featured heavily during the international break and Zidane wants to avoid fatigue.
Las Palmas may have a pleasant surprise ahead of the visit of Real Madrid on Saturday afternoon. Zinedine Zidane is considering resting several key players following a busy weekend of international fixtures.
Real Madrid wiped out by international break
The French coach is concerned by the amount of time his players spent on the pitch during the most recent international break, and may take the opportunity to give some of them a weekend off.
Madrid travel to Turin on Tuesday for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Juventus, a match that Zidane will take in to consideration.
Ronaldo and Ramos in line for rest
Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos are most likely to sit the LaLiga match out, and they may even stay in Madrid. Ronaldo returned to the Spanish capital with 158 minutes for Portugal under his belt across two fixtures, while Ramos became a father for the third time as well as featuring for Spain against Italy and Argentina.
Keylor Navas, Marcelo, Toni Kroos, and Casemiro also played 180 minutes for their national teams. In addition, Dani Carvajal will be missing through suspension and Isco is a doubt due to a troublesome back.
The Real Madrid starting line-up at the Estadio Gran Canaria is likely to be very different from the XI that take to the pitch in Turin.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 4 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles wins seventh career Olympic medal in Tokyo
- Tokyo Olympics: Biles will cherish beam bronze for a long time
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How many people will lose unemployment benefits in September?
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station