Surprise for Barça: UEFA call 11 players for anti-doping control
Training was delayed as Ter Stegen, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Dembélé, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto and Umtiti had to give blood and urine samples.
Barcelona's media department has confirmed that today's training session, scheduled for 18:00 hours at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, had to be delayed as 11 players from the first team were summoned to undergo an anti-doping control - requested without prior warning by UEFA.
Barcelona players taken through anti-doping control
The players who were called to give blood and urine samples were: Ter Stegen, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Dembélé, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto and Umtiti. These tests, run by European football's governing body, are commonplace at this stage of the season but always performed without notice.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign