Adam Lallana's injury curse continues as sub is subbed
The England midfielder managed to stay on the pitch for only 324 seconds as another injury concern cut short his involvement against Crystal Palace.
Adam Lallana's World Cup fitness is in fresh doubt after limping off just five minutes into his appearance in Liverpool's clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The 29-year-old, who has only started one Premier League match this term, was replaced by Dejan Lovren 324 seconds after coming on just after the hour mark at Selhurst Park, which Liverpool won 2-1 through Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah strikes.
He appeared to tweak a muscle in stretching to challenge Eagles captain Luka Milivojevic, who had opened the scoring from the spot.
Lallana has been plagued by a persistent thigh problem this season, although he was included in Gareth Southgate's latest England squad and featured off the bench against Italy on Tuesday.
But another lengthy lay-off could deny him the chance to prove his readiness for Russia 2018.
5 - Adam Lallana's spell of five minutes is the shortest amount of time a substitute has played before being subbed off in the Premier League this season. Cameo.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) March 31, 2018
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?