Romelu Lukaku scores 100th Premier League goal
By finding the net against Swansea City on Saturday, Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku reached 100 goals in the Premier League.
Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku scored his 100th Premier League goal against Swansea City on Saturday. The Belgium international netted just five minutes into the meeting at Old Trafford, firing home from inside the box after being teed up by Alexis Sánchez.
Lukaku, 28th player to reach three figures
It was the 24-year-old's 15th top-flight effort since joining the Red Devils from Everton for a reported £75million last July. Lukaku failed to score a Premier League goal for Chelsea, but hit 17 during a loan spell at West Brom and 68 for Everton.
He took 216 Premier League appearances to reach the milestone, making him the 12th quickest player to achieve the feat. He is the 28th player to reach three figures for goals in the Premier League and the first player from Belgium to do so.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash