Romelu Lukaku scores 100th Premier League goal
By finding the net against Swansea City on Saturday, Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku reached 100 goals in the Premier League.
Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku scored his 100th Premier League goal against Swansea City on Saturday. The Belgium international netted just five minutes into the meeting at Old Trafford, firing home from inside the box after being teed up by Alexis Sánchez.
Lukaku, 28th player to reach three figures
It was the 24-year-old's 15th top-flight effort since joining the Red Devils from Everton for a reported £75million last July. Lukaku failed to score a Premier League goal for Chelsea, but hit 17 during a loan spell at West Brom and 68 for Everton.
He took 216 Premier League appearances to reach the milestone, making him the 12th quickest player to achieve the feat. He is the 28th player to reach three figures for goals in the Premier League and the first player from Belgium to do so.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In