Barzagli injury adds to Juventus' problems
Juventus will assess Andrea Barzagli's abdomen injury ahead of Saturday's Serie A fixture against Benevento.
Andrea Barzagli suffered an abdomen injury during Juventus' Champions League defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday, the Italian club have confirmed.
The veteran defender played the full 90 minutes as the Serie A champions were beaten 3-0 on home soil in the first leg of the quarter-final tie.
However, an MRI scan on Wednesday revealed Barzagli had damaged his oblique muscles in the game.
Juve confirmed the 36-year-old had already started rehab and his fitness will be assessed again in the coming days
After enduring a humbling loss at the hands of the reigning European champions, Massimiliano Allegri's side return to domestic duties on Saturday with a trip to bottom club Benevento.
They then travel to Spain for the return leg against Madrid on Wednesday, though they will be without the suspended Paulo Dybala after the forward was sent off at the Allianz Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United