Manchester United use Messi pic to set example for youth players
The Premier League giants have many top stars in their ranks, but it is an image of the Barça ace that is used to help teach humility to those of the future.
Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku... there are some world famous names at Premier League club Manchester United, however, a player from another league is being used to teach the youth players to have some humility.
Messi the boot cleaner
One of the greatest footballers of all time, there is no doubt, and a global superstar for over a decade, Barcelona's Lionel Messi is an icon for many young players. With this in mind, there is a photo of the Argentinian on the changing room wall at The Red Devils' famous training base, Carrington.
The image is not of the number 10 dribbling past top defenders, nor is it a silhouette of his mercurial left boot striking an almost trademarked free kick. Instead it is a simple image of a younger Messi, cleaning a pair of football boots after an Argentina match.
United's aim with this is to teach the younger players at the club a lesson in humility, as revealed by youth team coach Nicky Butt in a recent interview with The Times.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics