Manchester United use Messi pic to set example for youth players
The Premier League giants have many top stars in their ranks, but it is an image of the Barça ace that is used to help teach humility to those of the future.
Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku... there are some world famous names at Premier League club Manchester United, however, a player from another league is being used to teach the youth players to have some humility.
Messi the boot cleaner
One of the greatest footballers of all time, there is no doubt, and a global superstar for over a decade, Barcelona's Lionel Messi is an icon for many young players. With this in mind, there is a photo of the Argentinian on the changing room wall at The Red Devils' famous training base, Carrington.
The image is not of the number 10 dribbling past top defenders, nor is it a silhouette of his mercurial left boot striking an almost trademarked free kick. Instead it is a simple image of a younger Messi, cleaning a pair of football boots after an Argentina match.
United's aim with this is to teach the younger players at the club a lesson in humility, as revealed by youth team coach Nicky Butt in a recent interview with The Times.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"