Lucas Vázquez: "It's a clear penalty", Benatía "It's a ridiculous penalty"
The Real Madrid winger said he was brought down by Juventus' Benatia, while the Juve player was having none of it.
Lucas Vázquez spoke after Real Madrid beat Juventus on aggregate in dramatic circumstances at the Bernabéu to qualify for the Champions League semi-finals. Trailing 3-0 on the night, Real Madrid went through 4-3 on aggregate after Vázquez went down after a Benatia challenge in the box, and Ronaldo converted the subsequent penalty.
It's a clear penalty. When I went to control it, he knocks me over. There's no debate. It's normal that in a big match they protest, but I don't think there's any debate.
Eternal wait for the final whistle?
Yes, we were desperate for Ronaldo to score the penalty as soon as possible and get the game finished, but we knew how to cope with the situation and we're happy.
It certainly was. It shows once again that if you relax and don't concentrate from the first minute, the Champions League won't spare you. But we're in the semi-finals.
Who do you want to meet?
I don't have a preferred side. We'll get ready as best we can.
Benatia: "I never touched him"
Meanwhile Benatia, the player who brought Vázquez down, saw things differently, arguing that he "went round Lucas Vázquez, so as not to touch him", and that the Real Madrid player looked to go down. "It's a ridiculous penalty. I never touched him, I touched the ball. It's just like Bayern last year".
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher