Barcelona have not asked for Griezmann, insists Atlético spokesman
Barcelona are said to have been monitoring Antoine Griezmann's situation for months, but Atlético Madrid say no approach has been made.
Antoine Griezmann has been consistently linked with a move to Barcelona for next season, but Atlético Madrid spokesman Clemente Villaverde insists no club has asked for the France international.
Griezmann heavily linked to Barcelona
Barça will reportedly look to sign another world-class attacker at the end of the 2017-18 campaign, as they continue to bolster their squad following the departure of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain last August.
Reports suggest Barça and Griezmann's entourage have already been in contact regarding a move, as Atlético prepare to brace themselves for the player's release clause dropping from €200million to €100m on July 1.
3 - Antoine Griezmann is the first Atletico player to score in three consecutive La Liga away games against Real Madrid in the 21st century (three goals). Dance. pic.twitter.com/Y755G1jICd— OptaJose (@OptaJose) April 8, 2018
Villaverde: 'Nobody has asked for Griezmann'
However, Atlético are adamant they have not been in discussions with anyone.
Villaverde told Mundo Deportivo: "At the moment I can say he is an Atlético Madrid player and I can only talk about facts and realities, not about the future. He has a contract with us.
"Nobody has asked for him. Griezmann is an Atlético player, and I do not know anything about Barça."
Griezmann has played 27 times for Atlético in LaLiga this term, scoring 18 times.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In