Torres reaches 100 LaLiga goals ahead of Atlético departure
Having been waiting for his 100th LaLiga goal since January, Atlético Madrid striker Fernando Torres has finally reached the landmark.
Fernando Torres hit his 100th LaLiga goal at the end of the week he announced he is to leave Atlético Madrid.
Torres confirmed he will depart the club, where he made his name as a young striker, when his contract expires at the end of the season.
The 34-year-old, who returned to Atlético in 2015 on an initial loan deal, has been waiting for his 100th LaLiga goal since hitting the net against Las Palmas in January.
And the former Spain international brought up three figures in the 3-0 win over Levante on Sunday, volleying in a superb finish from Ángel Correa's cross to complete the scoring.
100 - Fernando Torres is the fifth Atletico player to reach 100+ goals in La Liga history. Myth. pic.twitter.com/ulYJCo7XqU— OptaJose (@OptaJose) April 15, 2018
Torres, the fifth Atlético player to score 100 LaLiga goals for the club, has yet to confirm his next move.
The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker has been linked with a switch to the Chinese Super League or MLS.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues